White Quinoa Organic 1 kilogram
Organic White Quinoa - Bolivia! 1000 grams
Pronounced keen wah, Quinoa is a perfect balance of all nine essential amino acids. Free of cholesterol and trans fat, quinoa contains antioxidants , and is a source of vitamin E, calcium, potassium, iron, and magnesium and a great source of protein.
Description Gluten-free and full of nutrients quinoa is ideal for those who are health-conscious, vegetarian, or physically active, as well as for those with wheat allergies.
It has a chewy grainy texture similar to rice and couscous but is not a grain, it is a seed of a plant related to spinach and Swiss chard.
- •Quinoa is rich in protein content. In fact, it is a complete protein as it contains all the essential amino acids, especially lysine, which is required by the body to grow and repair tissues.
- •It has high content of manganese in it, which acts as antioxidant in the body and helps it get rid of dangerous cancer cells and other diseases.
- •The seed proved to be a good source of magnesium, which provides relief from migraine headaches, relaxes blood vessels, and decreases the risk of hypertension.
- •Riboflavin present in quinoa reduces the frequency of migraine attacks, by producing energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells.
- •The presence of potassium and magnesium in quinoa prevents clogging of arteries and hence, relieves stress on the heart.
- •Quinoa has low content of saturated fats and cholesterol, making it an ideal food for every health conscious consumer.
- •It is a good source of calcium, which is extremely important for the growth of healthy teeth, bones and skin.
- •The grain is a boon for people who are allergic to wheat and are suffering from Celiac disease, as it is gluten free.
- •Quinoa is a wonderful source of fiber for the body, which aids easy elimination and toning of colon.
- •The food is rich in carbohydrates, an efficient fuel for energy production required by children and athletes.
- •It is a good source of insoluble fiber that helps avoid gallstones, especially in women who are more prone to them.
- •The high content of copper present in it helps in oxidizing glucose, produces skin coloring agent melanin and acts as catalyst in the formation of hemoglobin.
Quinoa must be washed thoroughly before use.