Maca Red Organic Powder 100 grams
Organic Red Maca Powder
Our Raw Organic Red Maca. It comes from 100% pink or light red colored Maca roots. Among the rarest of all colors of Maca root, Red Maca has been prized for over 2000 years. It is considered essential to a productive life at high altitude and was even used as currency during Incan and early Spanish times in the Andes.
Red Maca has been found to have several differences to other colors of Maca:
- Red Maca powder has been shown, under phytonutrient analysis, to be higher in certain compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity.
- It has also been shown among all Macas to contain somewhat higher levels of other pythonutrients including alkaloids, tannins, saponis and steroids.
- Another significant difference of Red Maca and Cream and Black Macas is the taste. Most people find the taste to be sweeter, more gentle and more mild.
- A study on Red Maca was published in the Journal Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2005; 3:5. In it 8 medical researchers report that over the course of 42 days: “Red Maca but neither Yellow/Cream nor Black Maca reduced significantly ventral prostate size in rats.“
- In 2010 researchers from the Universidad Peruana, Lima published a study on the effects of Maca on bone structure in rats that had had their ovaries removed. The study concluded that both Red and Black Maca supported bone strength and density among the test subjects.
Based on this research and our experience we recommend Red Maca for:
- For men looking to use Maca for prostate support
- For women's fertility and libido (men should try Black Maca)
- For bone density - most important for women and children
- For everyone wanting to experience the highest antioxidant and nutrient levels of all Maca powders
- For everyone just starting with Maca (including children) due to the sweeter, more pleasant taste