Sacha Inchi Oil 60 Soft Gel Capsules 600mg
Organic Sacha Inchi Oil Soft Gel Capsules 600mg x 60
About Sacha Inchi Oil
Sacha Inchi nut oil is derived from the seeds and flesh of the fruit Plukentia volubilis, or pracaxi. The tree is native to the area surrounding the Amazon River.
Sacha Inchi oil consists of Omega 3 (48%), Omega 6 (35%), Omega 9 (9%), proteins (33%) and antioxidants (50%). It is also abundant in iodine and vitamin A and E.
The production of Sacha Inchi oil is sustainable and economical. The plant fruits for up to 75 years, giving it a long production cycle. It is a year-round crop, and the costs of growing are low. The demand for Sacha Inchi also encourages the reforestation of the Amazon.
Sacha Inchi was awarded the gold medal of excellent organoleptic qualities at the World Edible Oils competition in Paris in 2004.
- •Can help to balance acne-prone skin.
- •Exceptionally soothing to dry or irritated skin.
- •Can help improve moisture retention.
- •Excellent for the lips, nails, hair and scalp.
- •Extraordinarily high antioxidant properties, therefore good for anti-aging.
- •Limits dehydration and helps to strengthen and rebuild natural skin barriers.
- •Relieves irritated or scaly scalps from eczema and/or psoriasis.
- •Can be used to relieve itchy, scaly, and chronically dry skin, including inflamed or irritated skin.
- •Useful for dry, brittle, or damaged hair. Add the oil to your hair and scalp products to make your hair feel soft and manageable.
- •Wonderful for mature skin with fine lines.
- •Helps regulate oil production.
- •Helps protect the skin from sun damage.
- •Keeps skin elastic.
- •Long shelf life of 18 months due to a high amount of antioxidants.
Omega Fatty Acids
Sacha Inchi oil contains 93% unsaturated fatty acids. Compare this to the second and third highest plant sources of unsaturated fatty acids; evening primrose oil (86%) and flaxseed oil (78%). The majority of the fatty acids in Sacha Inchi oil are omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acids.
What makes Sacha Inchi oil so unique is its high content of omega-3 fatty acids. Cold pressed Sacha Inchi oil contains 48% omega-3 fatty acids. Most plant oils contain more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 (which is why our diet is deficient in omega-3’s).
Sacha Inchi is one of the richest plant sources of omega-3 fatty acid, and such a fatty acid profile is rarely found in other oils.
- •48% omega-3
- •36% omega-6
- •0 - 1.5% omega-3
- •3.5 - 21% omega-6
- •0.8% omega-3
- •14.7% omega-6
Omega-3 fatty acids help the skin retain moisture, regulate oil production, and maintain elasticity. Topical application of omega-3 fatty acids lessens UV-induced photodamage, external signs of aging, and anti-inflammatory skin responses.
Some other oils that are rich in Omega-3, such as linseed and perilla, contain toxins that make them unfit for human consumption. Sacha Inchi does not contain any toxins, which makes it an excellent oil for internal and external applications.
Fatty Acid Composition of Sacha Inchi Oil:
- •omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) - 48%
- •omega-6 (linoleic acid) - 36%
- •omega-9 (oleic acid) - 9%
Sacha Inchi oil processed from the seed using supercritical CO2 extraction is reported to contain 114 milligrams (mg) of gamma-tocopherol per 100 grams of oil and 125 mg of delta-tocopherol.
Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant, blocking free radical damage caused by exposure to UV rays. Vitamin E also boosts collagen production, helping to maintain skin elasticity and prevent wrinkle formation.
Sacha inchi oil is reported to contain carotenoids at a level of 0.08 mg per 100 g oil.
Carotenoids are an integral part of a healthy immune system, they help us fight aging and other kinds of damage. Our skin absorbs these carotenoids and uses them to heal sun damage and protect our skin from the environment.
The phytosterols contained in Sacha Inchi oil are as follows: 247 mg sterols/100 g oil. β-sitosterol accounts for the majority (56.5%), followed by followed by stigmasterol (27.9%), campesterol (7.1%), and ∆5 Avenasterol (5.3%), and less than 1% of other sterols.
Plant Sterols are compounds that stimulate pore detoxification and strengthen the skins natural lipid barrier, protecting the skin. They leave the skin feeling soft while reducing inflammation and delaying the aging process. Phytosterols boost collagen production and help the skin retain it’s moisture.